You like the burning wood, Elmina in the morning.
Charred hands offering easy winds that sweep to shore
a promise of not being foreign-born anymore.
Whitewash the harbor walls,
age some more the tomb-lined hallways.
Hallow the rocks in captive’s cove,
the night the continent froze stiff.
My black is still a virtue, home is still away from you.
- tellmewhere2start likes this
- imaculatebliss likes this
- ekom-aka-makoma reblogged this from ghanailoveyou
- ekom-aka-makoma likes this
- ghanailoveyou reblogged this from exiledpoetssociety and added:
- liliwrites likes this
- exiledpoetssociety posted this
Theme by Monique Tendencia